If a nonprofit you're volunteering with isn't represented on Field Day yet, you can plan your events like normal then create Field Trips on Field Day to track volunteer registrations and Team impact.
If you'd like to try this feature, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will enable this feature for your account. Heads up - this feature is getting a refresh soon!
Team owners and coordinators can create and manage Team-managed nonprofits. Learn more about Team roles →
What to expect
Having your favorite nonprofits on Field Day is, of course, preferable to organizing your events externally and then loading the info onto Field Day. You can always send local nonprofits our way to have them create an account on Field Day - it's easy! Send them this link where they can learn more and get started.
To create a Field Trip for a nonprofit that is not on Field Day:
- Create a managed nonprofit
- Set up event details
- Create the Field Trip
Create a managed nonprofit for your Team
1. On your Team page, click the managed nonprofits tab
2. Click add nonprofit, then enter the details as best as you can
At a minimum, you must enter the nonprofit name and primary cause. If you know the nonprofit's mission or how volunteers help, you can add this as well.
3. Click save nonprofit
Set up event details
1. On your managed nonprofit page, click the activities tab
2. Click add activity and enter as much information as you can about the activity the nonprofits has planned with you
3. Click save activity
4. Click the locations tab and enter the address for your event
5. Click save location
Create your Field Trip
1. On your managed nonprofit page, click the Field Trips tab
2. Click create event
3. Select the activity and location you created from the dropdowns
4. Enter all of the event details
Choose the date, start time, duration, point of contact, volunteer slots, and additional details to display on your event page.
Your Team will be automatically selected for this event. For the nonprofit point of contact, we'd recommend choosing someone from your company who has planned this event.
5. Click publish
Everyone on your Team will receive an email notification about your Team's new volunteer opportunity, and everything will run like normal from there.