With Team invites, anyone can join your Team, view an upcoming Field Trip, and register — perfect for widely sharing Field Trips with first-time volunteers on communication channels like Slack.
Team owners and coordinators can add people using Team invites. Learn more about Team roles →
What to expect
If you don't have an upcoming event for your Team, you will not be able to use this method to add people to your Team. Learn how to use email invitations instead →
Team invites are disabled by default for each event. Team owners and coordinators much create a Team invite link for an upcoming event if they'd like to invite new people to join their Team and register for the event.
With Team invite links, recipients can join your Team and register for your upcoming event. Team owners and coordinators can send this link to as many people as they'd like to invite people to their Team and the event.
Use Team invites
1. On any upcoming event page, scroll to the management section. Under Team invites, click get Team invite link.
Team invite links are valid until the event is over. Click disable link in the event details sidebar to deactivate a link before an event is completed. Regenerating a link will create a brand new link - any previous links for the same event will not work once they are disabled.
2. Click copy link to copy the auto-generated link to your clipboard.
3. Send the link to anyone you’d like to share your upcoming Field Trip with, whether or not they have an existing Field Day account.
People on your Team can still click the Team invite link to view the event page and register like normal.
How Team invitations work
Clicking a Team invite link will give anyone a preview of the event page the link was generated on.
The event preview page includes:
- An invitation to join your Team and register for the event
- Your Team name, logo, and description
- The event date, time, location, and description
After joining your Team, users can view the full event page.
If a registration list is full for an event, the preview page will have the option to join the waitlist for that event.
Learn how to manage people on your Team next →